Top 5 criteria when fitting out a QSR venue.
1. Scalability: A smart QSR design should have the same feel as a 1 off restaurant, however all elements of the furniture have to be engineered for ultimate scalability. It is critical to carry the same brand message through the use of furniture across multiple locations, ensuring you trigger a sense of comfort and recognition in your customers.
2. ROI: Will you achieve a good life cycle on your furniture package? Will it last until you evolve the brand and or enforced to remodel? Today’s franchisee will expect a minimum of 5 -8 years before they have to start thinking of investing in refurbishments. All items have to be durable for heavy duty usage due to the high volumes achieved by smart QSR operators.
3. USP: Is there a unique selling point in your furniture design that complements your brand? There is nothing unique about seeing the same plastic chair in different colours on mass. It is important to stand out from the crowd and furniture selection will help you achieve that. Australia’s QSR market is a highly competitive space, so designing fun and unique furniture options for your QSR brand will set you aside from the pack and get tongues wagging.
4. Consider all factors: Factors such as seating arrangements, the weight of the furniture, stackable furniture and how the space is meant to be used are critical to consider when designing each unit. These factors are all isolated variables but they need to move together in the same direction creating an environment that ultimately embraces the right ambience for the right space.
5. Cost: The inevitable question; so how much will it cost to be unique in our furniture design? The simple answer is, do your homework on the furniture companies out there and do not accept your designer’s word as gospel. There are a lot of companies in the market place that talk the talk but do not walk the walk. When selecting your furniture company consider the following. What history do they have in the QSR industry, who are their clients, are you dealing with the principles of the business or gate keepers and how resourceful are they in procuring unique designs at a competitive price.
QSR is an exciting space to be doing business in Australia; it’s filled with passionate entrepreneurs who deliver outstanding products, service and environment at an affordable price point. Your furniture company should complement these traits and deliver the best product that provides you with scalability, ROI, USP at an affordable price point to your franchisees.
If this resinates with you please take a moment to look at bseatedglobal.com.au and one of the principles would love to talk through your needs today . Like us on facebook to keep up to date with new furniture concepts http://www.facebook.com/BSeatedGlobal
The views expressed in this column are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect this publication's view, and this article is not edited by QSR Media. The author was not remunerated for this article.
Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.
B Seated Global is a designer, supplier and manufacturer of bespoke furniture for the hospitality industry.
T: 02 9796 7400
F: 02 9796 7800
M: 0411 567 614