Maximising digital wallets for customer loyalty
The link between customer engagement and digital wallets is stronger than ever.
When it comes to payments, both customers and restaurants are looking for speed and convenience. Customers want to be able to pay without having to fumble around for their wallets, and restaurants want a system that's quick and efficient. That's where digital wallets come in.
Digital wallets are becoming increasingly popular, as they offer a convenient way to store payment information and loyalty cards. For restaurants, this can be a powerful tool to increase loyalty and customer engagement.
In this article, we discuss how you can maximise the potential of digital wallets for your restaurant business.
What are digital wallets?
A digital wallet is a virtual version of a physical wallet, where you can store your payment information and loyalty cards. This means that instead of carrying around a physical card, you can simply add your loyalty card to your digital wallet and present it when you make a purchase.
There are many different digital wallet providers, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay. All of these providers offer slightly different features, but they all allow you to store your payment information and loyalty cards in one place.
Increasing customer loyalty through digital wallets
There are many reasons why restaurants should start using digital wallets for customer engagement and loyalty. Here are some of the key benefits and how QSRs can take advantage of them:
• Quick access to their loyalty card: Customers can easily add their loyalty card to their digital wallet, which means they don't have to carry it around with them. This makes it more likely that they will actually use their loyalty card, as they won't have to remember to bring it with them every time they visit your restaurant.
Pro-tip for QSRs: Use push notifications to remind your customers to add their loyalty card to their digital wallet.
• Improve loyalty sign-ups with less friction: Digital wallets make it easier for customers to sign up for loyalty programs, as they can simply add their loyalty card to their digital wallet when they make a purchase. This means that there's less friction involved in signing up for loyalty programs, which can lead to more customers signing up.
Pro-tip for QSRs: Use loyalty programs to incentivise customers to add their loyalty card to their digital wallet. For example, you could offer a discount or bonus points for adding their loyalty card to their digital wallet.
• Customers will receive automatic proximity notifications when they are close to your store: If a customer has your loyalty card stored in their digital wallet, they will receive a notification when they are near your store. This is a great way to remind customers about your restaurant and encourage them to visit.
Pro-tip for QSRs: In addition to proximity notifications, you could also use push notifications to send special offers and discounts to customers who have your loyalty card stored in their digital wallet.
• Easy way to replace physical cards: If a customer loses their physical loyalty card, they will have to go through the hassle of replacing it. However, if their loyalty card is stored in a digital wallet, they can simply add it again to their wallet. This makes it much easier for customers to keep using your loyalty program, even if they lose their physical card.
Pro-tip for QSRs: Some customers like having a physical loyalty card, so you can still offer this option.
• Increase Loyalty App downloads: By having your loyalty card in a customer's digital wallet, you can increase the likelihood of them downloading your restaurant's loyalty app. This is because they will already have your loyalty card stored in their wallet, so they will be more likely to use the app to track their points and redeem rewards.
Pro-tip for QSRs: Use marketing campaigns to encourage customers to download your loyalty app. For example, you could offer a discount for downloading the app and sharing it with their friends.
Work with a trusted IT platform provider
Digital wallets are just one of the many ways that restaurants can use technology to improve customer engagement and loyalty. To make sure you are using the best possible technologies for your business, it is important to work with a trusted IT platform provider.
Redcat has decades of experience helping restaurants to improve their operations with our cutting-edge software solutions. Our end-to-end platform can help you with everything from online ordering and delivery to loyalty programs and marketing. Contact us today to find out more about how we can help your business grow.