The company that launched the NitraOne gloves provides tips to keep in mind when using disposable gloves.
According to Katermaster, it is important to remember that gloves can only provide an effective barrier if used appropriately.
The tips include:
• Removing all hand and wrist jewellery before donning the glove;
• Washing, sanitising, and drying your hands before donning and after removing the glove;
• Drying your hands adequately, as wet hands make the glove more difficult to don;
• Changing gloves every 30-60 minutes, whenever you change tasks, or if the glove becomes torn or damaged;
• Never re-using disposable gloves; and
• Never using gloves that you find outside of the box, as this may lead to contamination
They also noted that the quality of the glove you choose can potentially lead to unsafe food handling practices amongst your staff. When wrapping burgers or sandwiches, staff members have been known to intentionally pull the fingertip off the index finger of vinyl gloves to allow for better tactility and grip with the food wrap. Not only does this defeat the purpose of wearing the glove in the first place, but it creates the risk of an unwelcome addition of a misplaced glove fingertip in the customer’s food.
The NitraOne can assist with this issue. Being lightweight with high sensitivity, and with textured fingertips for improved grip, the wearer can comfortably perform tasks that require a certain level of precision.
For a NitraOne sample, click HERE.
Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.