About this Position – International Business Development Manager
We currently have restaurants in New Zealand, Thailand and Ireland and we are currently in the works to further that expansion into the USA and UK.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be a critical player in our USA and UK expansion, focused on building and executing the strategy for entry into these markets.
• Developing growth plans and implementing strategies to achieve growth objectives
• Managing business development resources in each market
• Travel, travel & more travel… while the role is based here in Oz, travel is a big component of this role
• Learning the ins and outs of the Australian business to then adapt our model to suit each market, defining overall resources needed to meet business objectives
• Replicating the Australian model for international markets and finding Partners for each territory
• Developing business plans, financial models and launch strategies, as well as training and coaching
• Building and maintaining relationships with the key stakeholders in each market
• Evaluating findings on market conditions and presenting potential business opportunities, adjusting growth plans where necessary
• Completing financial and board reporting as required
• Establishing and managing budgets
About our new International Development Manager – You?
Above all, we are looking for someone who gets stuff done. We can’t stress enough; this is a fast-paced role and you need to move quickly to be able to keep up.
This person will:
• Be client and customer focused – Our Development Agents and Franchise Partners are our clients and everything we do is done with them and our customers in mind
• Give up their seat for a customer – this is how much we care about the experience they have at one of our restaurants
• Be a critical thinker with excellent analytical skills
• Be a people person who is able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
• Be able to work well under pressure, be organised and multi-task
• Be a self-starter and able to manage own work load
• Be happy to travel internationally
• Have strong business acumen
• Be creative and bring ideas to the table to grow sales and increase foot traffic
• Be a team player and integrate into the international team and wider business
• Be energetic and passionate – we move at an incredible pace and we need you to be able to keep up
• Use your skills, common sense and initiative
• Share our humanitarian values and be passionate about making a difference in the world
• Not be a d***head – please refer to above policy
• Be proactive and embrace change
We are looking for someone with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience setting up a business internationally is essential and QSR experience is preferred.
What can this role offer you? Travel, experience across a broad range of fields, development opportunities and the ability to look back in 8 years when we have donated one billion meals and say “I played a huge part in that”.
We are not a traditional business, so we don’t want traditional people.
If this sounds like the role for you, hurry up and apply because we can’t wait to meet you!