Stay on top of the issues that affect our industry, learn what you need to do to keep ahead of the game and find out how to adapt to market changes at the 3rd QSR Media Detpak Conference and Awards.
Want to pick the minds of the top leaders in the quick service and fast casual industry? Our interactive session format will give you the chance to have your questions answered by the experts we have assembled. Hear what they have to say about the current state of the industry.
This conference is a must for anyone in the fast food or fast casual restaurant arena.
The top 3 reasons why you should attend:
1. Learn from the top minds in the QSR Industry
2. Network with the Who's Who of the industry
3. Find out how to solve some of the biggest issues your QSR business will face in the next twelve months.
Ticket Price: $295
(subject to change)
8:30 - 9:00am - Registration
9:00 - 9:30am - Opening Keynote Presentation
The Honourable John Barilaro, New South Wales Minister for Regional Development, Skills, and Small Business will be giving the keynote speech and opening the conference.
This is a great opportunity to hear what those in power have to say and what it means for your business.
The Hon. John Barilaro MP
NSW Minister for Regional Development
NSW Minister for Skills
NSW Minister for Small Business
9:30 - 10:00am - Want to find out what the key challenges likely to face the QSR industry over the next 12 months are likely to be?
Find out as our expert QSR CEO's discuss topics including:
- Competition - where is the competition coming from? - C-stores, supermarkets & fuel stations are moving into this market
- The economy - where is it headed - what does this mean for QSR’s and fast casuals?
- The customer - more educated and more demanding that ever - what does this mean?
- Overseas influences - what’s happening in OS markets that is likely to filter through?
- Emerging trends- what is likely to feature in 2016 and beyond and how can your business benefit?
Sherree Halliwell, QSR Managing Director
Retail Food Group (Pizza Capers, Crust Gourmet Pizza Bar)
Chris Green, CEO
Craig Tozer, CEO
Chris Mavris, GM
Mark Hawthorne, CEO - ANZ
Guzman y Gomez
10:00 - 10:30am - Want to find out where the future of food is headed?
Find out how your personal genome will significantly affect your food choices in the future. Learn more about international trends in the space, as well as what customers are asking for, from our speakers from Jamaica Blue and Sumo Salad.
Danika Heslop, Head of Food
Petra Orrenius, Head of Marketing
Lily Lam, Business Development, Consulting
Professor Michael Fenech Ph.D., Director/Leader
CSIRO, Genome Health and Personalised Nutrition Laboratory
Steven Marks, Founder
Guzman y Gomez
10:30 - 11:00am - Morning Tea
11:00 - 11:30am - Need to transform your brand?
Hear directly from the QSR Media Awards 2015 Best Brand Transformation winner, Baskin-Robbins, about how the brand successfully executed its most significant turnaround in its Australian history in a span of 18 months.
Learn more as Baskin-Robbins General Manager David Jordan talks about:
- Stakeholder alignment – Why it is critical
- Strategy creation and execution – How to take all stakeholders along for the journey
- Today’s Consumer and its ever changing wants and needs
- Brand Evolution/ Trend setters/ Revolution – What is your Brands Core?
- Bottom up vs Top down Leadership style.
- Culture - its impact on Short and Long Term transformational change
- The Why
- The importance of a Communication strategy
- Empathy, Authenticity & Accountability – Three difficult words to execute consistently.
David Jordan, General Manager
11:30am - 12:00pm - Millennials – What’s all the fuss about?
Millennials are the chosen generation for many marketers because of their sheer number and perceived buying power, but they are not a homogenous group and depending on their age and lifestyles, they use restaurants differently. According to The NPD Group, a leading global information company, Millennials represent 1.7 billion visits and nearly $16 billion in spending, which is 36 percent of total restaurant spend. They are driving changes in this country’s eating behaviours with their approach to food choice and preparation. They like fresh, less processed food, which has played out in their preference for fast casual restaurants that offer freshly prepared foods and shopping the perimeter of grocery stores where fresh and non-packaged foods can be found.
Find out more about what makes this influential generation tick and determine if they are the right consumer for your brand.
Ciara Clancy, Director,
Australia Foodservice - The NPD Group
12:00 - 3:00pm - Lunch and Awards
3:00pm - 3:30pm - Want to find out how to use digital strategies to engage with the customer?
Our excellent line up of digital speakers will talk about:
- Loyalty programs
- Electronic payments
- Online ordering - re-creating the in store experience
- The power of social media and creating brand voice
- Gamification in the retail space
- The power push
- Single customer views
- Digital growth hacking
Colin Barnard, Head of Financial Services
Christian McGilloway, Head of Digital
Retail Zoo (Boost Juice Bars, Salsa’s Fresh Mex, Cibo Espresso)
Dan McLean, Senior Digital Project Manager
Guzman y Gomez Mexican Taqueria
Julia Illera, Senior Research Analyst – Services and Payments
3:30 - 4:00pm - Want to keep on top of the latest marketing trends?
Find out as our top marketers discuss:
- Loyalty programs
- Digital engagement strategies
- Influencer marketing
- Integrating smartphone technology into marketing
- Being a purpose-lead organisation
- Listening to and engaging our customers
- Staying ahead of the food trends
- Getting cut-through in a cluttered category
- Importance of marketing research and test marketing
Anna Jones, CMO
Guzman Y Gomez
Nikki Price, National Marketing Manager
Boost Juice Bars
Ben McGrath, Co-founder
Vamp (Visual Amplifiers)
4:00pm - Close and Cocktail Party
*Guests who submit their business cards on the day of the event will be in the running to win a Vitamix Blender (valued at $1151). Please note that upon entering the competition, contact details will be used by third parties for marketing purposes.
For event enquiries, you may contact:
Justine Charlton <firstname.lastname@example.org>