• Are you a jack of all trades?
• Are you someone who just gets in and gets the job done?
• Do you love to travel?
If you answered ‘YES!’ to these questions, then you could be perfect for us!
About this Position – International Operations Manager
We know a lot of people say that no two days are ever the same. Well, with this role we really mean it.
On any given day you could be working with the Supply Chain team getting our product right before we launch into a new market, the next day you might be training our Master Franchise Partner and their team on how to roll a burrito and how to wow our customers “the Zambrero way”, followed by a Business Development meeting with a potential new partner, then maybe an office day where you are converting our training materials to suit the new market.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be a critical player in our international expansion. We currently have restaurants in New Zealand, Thailand & Ireland and we are in the works to further that expansion into the USA and UK.
• Travel, travel & more travel… while the role is based here in Oz, travel is a big component of this role
• Training of new Master Franchise Partners and their team on all things Zambrero
• Implementing systems, tools and processes and ensuring compliance across the network
• Conversion and creation of training tools for each market
• Building and maintaining relationships with the key stakeholders in each market
• Ensuring brand compliance across the network
• Completing financial and board reporting as required
• Assisting with recruitment of Master Franchise Partners, site selection and leasing
• Identifying underperforming restaurants and working with the Master Franchise Partner on tangible solutions to improve their performance
• Assisting the Master Franchise Partner during the restaurant design and build phase and ensuring that it is in line with Zambrero standards
• Reviewing and analysing financial reports
• Formulating and executing marketing and promotion strategies
• Monitoring and maintaining WH&S, HR and food safety standards
• Monitoring restaurant sales, competitor performance and trends
• Managing COGS and labour costs to achieve targets
• Providing general support across the team
About our new International Operations Manager – You?
Let’s call this person Jack (you know, short for Jack or Jacklyn of all trades).
Jack is someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and give anything a go, no matter how big or small the task. Someone who is able to move quickly, change direction and reprioritize as required.
Jack is great with people. They are someone who can talk to absolutely anyone – whether they are the CEO or a new team member. They become a go-to for our partners around the world because they are always there to help, even if they don’t know the answer, they find out and get back to them when they say they get back to them.
Ok… enough about Jack… let’s talk about you. To be successful in this role, you will:
• Be client and customer focused – Our Master Franchise Partners are our clients and everything we do is done with them and our customers in mind.
• Give up their seat for a customer – this is how much we care about the experience they have at one of our restaurants
• Be a people person and be able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
• Be a great multi-tasker
• Be happy to travel internationally
• Be organised and able to manage your own workload
• Have strong business acumen
• Be creative and bring ideas to the table to grow sales and increase foot traffic
• Be a team player and integrate into the international team and wider business
• Be energetic and passionate – we move at an incredible pace and we need you to be able to keep up
• Use your skills, common sense and initiative
• Share our humanitarian values and be passionate about making a difference in the world
• Not be a d**head – please refer to above policy
• Be proactive and embrace change
We are looking for someone with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role. Operations experience in QSR is essential and franchising experience is preferred.
What can this role offer you? Travel, experience across a broad range of fields, development opportunities and the ability to look back in 8 years when we have donated one billion meals and say “I played a huge part in that”.
We are not a traditional business, so we don’t want traditional people.
If this sounds like the role for you, hurry up and apply because we can’t wait to meet you!