About this position – In-House Property and Franchise Lawyer
Reporting to the Head of Development, you will join our Franchise Recruitment and Leasing team as part of our wider development team of 5.
We are looking for a Property and Franchising expert to support the team by sharing their skills and knowledge of the Act in each state and territory and the Franchise Code of Conduct.
The responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing and preparing Agreement for Lease, Lease Agreements, Deeds and other ancillary documentation for all new restaurants, resales or renewals
• Reviewing and updating all existing legal and templates and precedents
• Reviewing documents and creating summary briefs for the Senior Executive Team including the Owner and CEO
• Advising the business on rights and responsibilities of the franchisor
• Negotiating and liaising with our Landlords Solicitors
• Providing ongoing advice and legal support to the Franchise Recruitment and Leasing team
• Providing advice on misrep, unconscionable conduct, administration’s/liquidations
• Attending mediation/dispute resolutions where required
• Managing franchisee default, breaches and arrears
• Ensuring compliance with Franchising Code of Conduct
• Review contracts and provide general legal support as required
While this role will be focused on Zambrero, you will also provide support across the whole Sam Prince Group from time to time.
About our new In-House Property and Franchise Lawyer – You?
Above all, we are looking for someone who gets stuff done. We can’t stress enough; this is a fast-paced role and you need to move quickly to be able to keep up.
This person will:
• Be client and customer focused – Franchise partners are our clients and everything we do is done with them and our customers in mind.
• Give up their seat for a customer – this is how much we care about the experience they have at one of our restaurants
• Be a people person and be able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
• Be a great multi-tasker
• Be organised and able to manage your own workload
• Be a team player
• Be energetic and passionate – we move at an incredible pace and we need you to be able to keep up
• Be confident with stakeholder management
• Use your skills, common sense and initiative
• Share our humanitarian values and be passionate about making a difference in the world
• Not be a d***head – please refer to above policy
• Be proactive and embrace change
We are looking for someone with 2 years’ experience in a property law or franchise role.
We are not a traditional business, so we don’t want traditional people.
If this sounds like the role for you, hurry up and apply because we can’t wait to meet you! Until then, we’ll keep your desk warm in our office in Surry Hills.