Get a chance to learn about your industry straight from experts and executives from the country’s most successful brands at the 4th QSR Media Detpak Conference and Awards!
Want to pick the minds of the top leaders in the quick service and fast casual industry? Find out what you need to do to keep ahead of the game as our interactive session format gives you the chance to have your questions answered by our assembled panel of experts and industry leaders.
(subject to change)
9:00 - 9:30am - Economic Briefing in a Volatile World
Global uncertainty has sky-rocketed over the past 12 months, making it critical to understand the economic themes that will impact your business. From the future of the Australia-China relationship and the impact of the Trump era on global trade, to the post-Brexit world and health of the Australian economy, how will the foodservice industry need to adapt? What opportunities do these global trade winds present?
Want to know what all the implications of these scenarios are to your multi-unit restaurant business? Find out as Sally Auld, Chief Economist at JP Morgan, examines these themes.
Sally Auld, Chief Economist
9:30 - 10:00am - Leaders Panel
Never before has the quick service and fast casual restaurant industry seen as much innovation. Innovation is happening across the spectrum from partnerships like SumoSalad and Caltex, or Boost Juice offering its Smoothie Packs with Woolworths, to completely new ways of approaching food supply and preparation as put forward by Guzman y Gomez. Innovative menu items, such as more premium items from Donut King, are pushing fast food and fast casual restaurants into new territory. QSRH brands like Red Rooster are are coming up with innovative ways to transform themselves.
What are the opportunities, trends, and challenges to be found in the industry as a whole? Find out in this session as our assembled panel of top executives and leaders discuss innovation trends and much more.
Helen Moore, General Manager - Convenience Development
Mark Hawthorne, CEO - ANZ
Guzman y Gomez
Scott Meneilly, CEO
Nicolas Brill, General Manager
Brett Houldin, CEO
10:00 - 10:30am - How the foodservice markets are doing across the globe
Want to know more about trends and issues around the world? In this session, The NPD Group’s Global Senior Vice President in Foodservice Bob O’Brien will discuss the contrasts between foodservice markets around the world, looking at how different national habits lead to differences in use by daypart, eating location and other market elements.
He will also show the common trends around the world that have been driving markets since the end of the global financial crisis. And, there are a couple of emerging issues of global concern, like cocooning and the use of aggregators for pickup and delivery, that Bob will analyze.
Bob O'Brien, Global Senior Vice President - Foodservice
The NPD Group
10:30am - 11:00am - Morning Tea
11:00 - 11:20am - Mini-Session - How to create engagement and connection through intelligent disruption and wit
How do you build meaningful relationships with the consumers of today? Tony Ibbotson, Creative Director at The Creative Method, will discuss how your brand can engage and connect with customers through the use of intelligent disruption and wit. In 2005 Tony started The Creative Method, an agency built on the philosophy of big ideas, the best execution wrapped up with a little wit, developing brands for clients such as Guzman Y Gomez, Sumo Salad, Krispy Kreme, Roll’d, Snag Stand.
He will talk about the following points:
- What is your story?
- Create a smile in the mind
- Drive a message in a more memorable way
- Discoverable wit
Tony Ibbotson, Creative Director
The Creative Method
11:20 - 11:40am - Mini-Session- Chicken Treat Case Study: How to make a world record-setting digital campaign
Want to find out how Chicken Treat managed to break into the Guiness Book of World Records with their #ChickenTweet campaign? Find out as Mimma Battista, Chicken Treat CEO, talks about campaign in this mini-session.
Mimma Battista, CEO
11:40 - 12:00nn - Mini-Session - QSR's and The Law
In this session, find out latest legal updates that affect your business such as the recent Fair Work legislation as well as some updates on some recent legal cases that involved the QSR industry.
Corinne Attard, Partner
Holman Webb Lawyers
12:00 - 12:30pm - Delivery/Pick-Up: A growing opportunity
Eating in is the new eating out! Consumers want the “eat out” experience of quality food, but they’re saving money by having food delivered to their homes. The increase in consumers eating more of their meals at home has resulted in delivery/pick-up reaching its highest point in 2016 since CREST tracking began.
Taking advantage of the increasing popularity of delivery will provide many operators with another avenue to drive traffic. What’s driving it and what are the things you need to consider to leverage this opportunity? Ciara Clancy, NPD Group - Australia Director, Foodservice, takes a closer look.
Ciara Clancy, Director
Australia Foodservice - The NPD Group
12:30 - 1:00pm - How to transform your business to take advantage of the delivery trend
Want to find out how you can benefit from the growth of delivery? How did a brand like Red Rooster revitalise its business by shifting to delivery? What are the opportunities in delivery for smaller brands? What are the key things to consider when offering your food on third party aggregators like Menulog? Find out as our assembled panel of industry leaders discuss the topic in-depth in this session.
Alistair Venn, Managing Director
Menulog Australia and New Zealand
Chris Green, CEO
Josh Sparks, Founder & CEO
1:00 - 3:00pm QSR Media Detpak Awards & Luncheon
- Best Digital Initiative – For fast food and fast casual restaurants who utilize digital platforms and technology to improve their brand experience. This includes initiatives to connect with customers online through social platforms like Facebook and Instagram, as well as anything from brand specific-ordering apps to in-store technology solutions designed to improve customer service.
- Best Brand Transformation – For fast food and fast casual restaurants who have recently undergone a revamp. This could include anything from a new look for stores and restaurants or improved brand design that delivers a completely new brand experience.
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative - For fast food and fast casual restaurants who think beyond profits. We’re looking for the best initiative of the last 12 months, which could include anything from a new environmentally friendly approach to business to giving back to the community through charities.
- Best Marketing Campaign - For fast food and fast casual restaurants who have launched major and minor marketing campaigns in the past 12 months. We’re looking for the most successful campaigns in terms of innovation and reception.
- Best New Concept - For fast food and fast casual restaurants who have been up and running for 5 years or less, offering hot new concepts in the limited serve arena. This could include brands that attempt to serve new offerings as well as utilizing new and innovative ways to cater to the consumer.
- Rising Star - For executives under 30 years of age. This award aims to recognise and reward an individual's contribution.
- Best Innovation – Food and Beverage – For fast food and fast casual restaurants who strive to provide creative new food and beverage offerings to their customers. This award recognizes chains who come up with unique, outstanding products in a diverse market. May include limited time offerings, unique new flavour ranges, dishes from new cuisines, as well as new twists to the traditional fare.
- Best Innovation – Health – For fast food and fast casual restaurants who strive to provide new healthy ways for their customers to dine, which may include healthy menu options, via nutritional calculators, kilojoule and nutritional information or even one off health related promotions.
- Best Sustainability Initiative – For fast food or fast casual restaurants who have made great strides in the push for sustainable options in the foodservice industry.
- Special Recognition Award - QSR Media will recognise either an individual or organisation for an outstanding achievement during the course of the year.
- Squad of the Year - For quick service and fast casual food operator teams that have developed an excellent internal culture that has seen impressive outcomes.
- 2017 Multi-Site Restaurant of the Year - The award is presented to a fast food or fast casual restaurant who have shown exemplary accomplishments resulting in major advances in the quick service restaurant industry. Nominations for any other QSR Media Award category automatically qualifies the nominated brand for this category.
3:00 - 3:15pm - Break
3:15 - 3:30pm - Trends in Property
Want to stay on top of real estate and property issues? In this panel, stay on top of the latest property trends by hearing directly from industry leaders and consultants.
Serge Infanti, Managing Director
Foodco Group Pty Ltd
Julian Demetrovics, Director
Retail Tenant Advisory | Occupier Services
3:30- 4:00pm - Digital & Marketing Panel
Ken Russell, Head of Digital
4:00pm - Cocktail Party
Quick Service or Fast Casual Restaurant - $295
Vendor or Supplier - $450
Booking price for a table for eight guests: $2,200
Once you have filled in the registration form, we will get in touch with you regarding the payment.
For event enquiries, you may contact:
Justine Charlton - firstname.lastname@example.org