8:30 - 9:00 am Registration
9:00 - 9:30 am Opening Ceremonies
9:30 - 10:00 am: Trends, Developments & Opportunities in the QSR Chain Market
The QSR Chain market is one of the largest segments within the foodservice market, and has seen rapid growth over the past five to six years; One in three meals are served by QSR & Snack Food Chains in the overall commercial market. Despite signs that the market is plateauing, find out which segment of the chain market is gaining market share and insights as to why.
10:00 - 10:30 am: Property Leasing Reform - Where to from now?
10:30 - 11:00 am Morning Tea
11:00 - 11:30 am: Current Design Trends: What's Hot and What's Not - Lessons from Australia and Abroad
Overview of trends seen in the Australian and overseas markets
What is driving these new restaurant designs
Lessons Learned- what works and what doesn't
Top Tips to design a restaurant that will stand out from its competitors
Mark McConnell, Director, Mima Design (The Burger Shed, Charlie & Co. Burgers)
Philip Blanco, Director, Mad Mex Fresh Mexican Grill
Tony Melhem, Founder, Coco Cubano
11:30 - 12 noon Money & QSR's
What are investors looking for for QSRs?
What lessons can we learn from listed QSR's and deploy in non listed?
Armina Soemino, Equities Research, J.P. Morgan
Frank Heckes, Director, Archer Capital - private equity owners of QSRH (operators of Red Rooster, Oporto, Chicken Treat)
12:00 - 2:00 pm QSR Media awards to be held at this time
For a full list of Awards scroll down
2:00 - 2:30 pm: How to blend traditional and social media marketing techniques and apps to achieve optimal results.
Come and hear some iconic Australian brands discuss how they are using new media, technology and traditional marketing channels to create engagement with their customers. This panel discussion is all about new ways to market QSR brands and new innovations that are yielding top results.
From stealing a giant mango, to taking an established Australian brand into the digital world, brands like Nando’s and The Cheesecake Shop will share some of their recent marketing initiatives using new channels: what it took to make them happen and what results they achieved nationally and locally.
How do they measure the impact on consumers and staff and are the results quantifiable? How does the campaign become relevant at each location and how can people on the ground participate.
Marketing implementation specialists, Fuse, to join the panel to talk about the tools and strategies to make multichannel campaigns work for QSR brands.
Peter Dable, National Marketing Manager, The Cheesecake Shop
Paola Tanner, Director, Fuse
2:30 - 3:00 pm Innovations in Product Development
Hot brand Gelato Messina and big chain Yum! Restaurants Intl. (mother company of Pizza Hut and KFC, among others) shares its success and experience in product development. Joined by Nicole Venter, Digital Strategist at Retail Oasis, the session will discuss new and more effective ways of developing products, evolving with consumers and meeting expectation in today's market. They discuss the sophisticating taste of Australians tastebuds and the changes it is bringing to the QSR industry.
Declan Lee, Director, Gelato Messina
3:00 - 3:30 pm PayPal presents Mobile Phone ordering and payments for QSRs: How payment innovation can help your business and delight your customers.
The smartphone has changed the way we live in so many ways. We all have one and it’s changing how people order and pay for their food.
PayPal is already working with the likes of Dominos, Pizza Hut, Guzman & Gomez & Sumo Salad and has integrated with POS vendors such as Micros, Ordermate, ImPOS ,Shift 8, H&L and many more to begin the mobile revolution of QSRs. Remote Ordering, facial recognition payments, Pay at Table – all via your phone – will be discussed and explained in this session.
Jonathan Kelly, Head of Retail Services, PayPal Australia
3:30 - 4:00 pm ROI in technology investment case study
4:00 - 4:30 pm Google presents "Open your online store and connect with your customers locally"
Want to know how to leverage search engine marketing to drive demand at a local store level?
Ensure your discoverability online
Connect digitally with your customers
Drive the digital conversation at a local level to convert customer intent to in-store traffic and purchase.
4:30 PM Close and Cocktail Party
1. Best Use of Social Media – For all QSR’s who utilize social media either conventionally or virally. This award recognises the use of social media in innovative or unexpected ways to great effect.
2. Best "better for you” initiative – For all QSR’s who offer healthy choices to their customers. This could be through healthy menu options, via nutritional calculators, kilojoule and nutritional information or even one off health related promotions.
3. Best Use of Technology – For QSR’s who utilize technology to improve their overall brand experience. This could include anything from brand specific ordering apps to in-store technology solutions designed to improve customer experience.
4. Best QSR transformation – For QSR’s who have recently undergone a revamp. This could include anything from a new look store or improved brand design that delivers a completely new brand experience.
5. Best New QSR - For QSR’s who have been up and running for 5 years or less, for those brands who offer hot new concepts in the quick service arena.
6. Best established QSR – For QSR’s who have been around for more than 5 years. This award is for QSR’s that are dominant players in their field, have great brand recognition and continue to innovate and achieve success.
7. Best Corporate Social Responsibility initiative - For QSR’s who think beyond profits. We’re looking for the best initiative of the last 12 months, which could include anything from a new environmentally friendly approach to business to giving back to the community.
8. Best Marketing Campaign - For all QSR’s who have launched a marketing campaign in the past 12 months. We’re looking for the most innovative and successful campaign.
9. Industry Champion– Company - a QSR that blazes a trail and/or is considered to show leadership for the industry as a whole